Mortgage & Protection Adviser
£24,000 basic, up to £50,000 with commission
Closing Date: 9th October 2023
Waterhouse Financial Advisers Ltd offers a comprehensive financial planning service, covering all of our clients' investment and protection needs.
We pride ourselves on putting our clients at the centre of our service and building strong, trust-based relationships with them. We always strive to deliver our advice in an easy-to-understand, straightforward manner, avoiding industry 'jargon' where possible.
It is important to us that all of our clients feel comfortable and fully understand our advice and, when necessary, we will go the extra mile to ensure this happens. This approach has cemented our reputation and ensured many of our clients, who first used our services when we formed in 1998, continue to do so.
We also take this approach with our Waterhouse colleagues – fostering mutual respect and trust – and are proud of the relaxed yet professional working environment we have created.
- meet with your clients in person, or over the phone
- explain what type of mortgage adviser you are and how you're paid
- find out about your client's financial situation, including what their monthly expenditure is
- explain the different types of mortgage and offer products for your client to choose from
- assess which type of mortgage is most suitable for each client
- make sure your customers can afford what they're borrowing, not only now but in the future, in the event that interest rates go up or their circumstances change
- explain about repayments and mortgage protection
- advise on and sell related financial products, such as buildings or life insurance
- help clients complete the mortgage application and submit on their behalf
- offer some general advice on the home-buying process
- deal with mortgage lenders, estate agents, and valuers
- keep up to date with new mortgage products and changes in mortgage regulation
- respect your client's right to confidentiality
- follow strict industry rules and guidelines and ensure you give impartial and appropriate financial advice
- understand the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory requirements and ensure you meet these
Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) or equivalent CII qualification
- At least 1 years' experience working as a Mortgage & Protection Adviser
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to contribute as part of a team, and deal with individuals at all levels.
- Possess personal qualities and skills that promote open and constructive relations with colleagues and clients.
- Have flexibility for and commitment to continual service development and improvement.
- Be able to work within defined business processes.
- Willingness to carry out all reasonable instructions to support the business.
To apply, please email [email protected]
Waterhouse is an appointed representative of Quilter Wealth Ltd and Quilter Mortgage Planning Ltd which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.