Old doctors' surgery in Radstock has been sold
Part of the old building was first turned into a doctor's surgery in 1962 but the site is much much older and it was a farmhouse well into the 19th century.
By Susie Watkins
16th Aug 2022 | Property News
The old Hope House doctors' surgery on The Street has been sold.
The property, which has planning permission for eight flats, was emptied when the new Hope House Centre moved on July 18 into a purpose-built building on Waterloo Road in Radstock.
Part of the old building was first turned into a doctor's surgery in 1962 but the site is much much older and it was a farmhouse well into the 19th century. When the planning application was put in for the flats the papers stated: "There was property in this location since c.1680, however the present building has been thoroughly remodelled on several occasions and retains little if any historic fabric of any real note."
The new centre is clearly much much bigger than the old premises with - six GP consulting rooms on the ground floor - with four more GP rooms upstairs
A sub waiting room, a quieter space away from reception, a short walk for patients who have appointments with nursing staff.
Two nurse consulting rooms plus two treatment rooms.
A new minor operation room - with the possibility of an expansion of the existing services - such as vasectomy clinics- so patients would not need to travel as currently is the case, into Bath.
A recovery room which is currently being used for blood testing.
A separate staff entrance and a common room.